Oral Appliance Therapy - Mansfield, TX
Your Simple Solution for Better Sleep
Snoring and sleep apnea rob over 20 million Americans of their much needed rest every night, and in the past, the only treatment options consisted of either corrective surgery or the use of a CPAP machine.
At Mansfield Snore & Sleep Solutions, Dr. Sandi Hamm is able to solve both of these problems using a conservative method called oral appliance therapy. By having you wear a small, custom-made oral appliance to bed each night, Dr. Hamm can help you maintain an open airway and enjoy the deep and restful sleep you need.
Why Choose Mansfield Snore & Sleep Solutions for Oral Appliance Therapy
- Dr. Hamm is a member of the American Sleep & Breathing Academy
- Years of experience providing custom-made sleep appliances
- Able to offer a viable alternative to CPAP therapy
What is Oral Appliance Therapy?
- It involves a custom-made oral appliance that is worn to bed to prevent issues associated with sleep apnea and snoring. By slightly shifting the jaw forward, the device works to keep the airway open throughout the night.
- Every oral appliance that comes from our practice is personally designed by Dr. Hamm based on a digital impression taken of the patient’s teeth. This ensures that they fit comfortably and provide tangible results night after night.
- Oral appliances are small, simple to use, and generate no noise, making them ideal for travel (unlike a CPAP). And, according to research, oral appliance therapy has been shown to improve the sleep quality of 90% of the patients who use it regularly.
Who Benefits from an Oral Appliance?
- Someone who has been diagnosed with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea
- Someone who wants to try a treatment other than CPAP therapy
- Someone who is CPAP intolerant
- Someone who has undergone corrective surgery and is still experiencing sleep apnea symptoms
- Someone who could benefit from combined therapy
How Can I Get an Oral Appliance?
If you are interested in an oral appliance to stop snoring, give our office a call to schedule a FREE consultation, and Dr. Hamm will give you an exam and determine whether or not oral appliance therapy is a viable option for you.
If you are concerned you may have Sleep Apnea, Dr. Hamm can refer you to one of her many trusted local sleep specialists for testing.
What is the Cost of an Oral Appliance?
The cost of a single oral appliance can vary quite a bit from person to person depending on their specific needs. For example, a simple snore appliance will typically cost less than one needed for sleep apnea. Dr. Hamm can give you a better idea of what your potential cost may be during a consultation.
Fortunately, there are multiple ways to make an oral appliance very affordable, as many medical insurance plans can provide at least partial coverage, and we offer flexible financing as well.
Schedule a FREE Consultation
If you’re ready to start sleeping better, an oral appliance might be exactly what you need, and you can start getting one by scheduling a FREE consultation here at Mansfield Snore & Sleep Solutions. Dr. Hamm and her team will get to the root of your problem and provide a treatment that is specially-designed to tackle it. To schedule a consultation, contact us today.